Small Business Attorney in Houston
Getting your small business off the ground can be a confusing and frustrating process. Don’t try to do it all on your own. If you need help getting your enterprise organized and operational, give a small business attorney in Houston a call.
For legal assistance with your small business, call 281-531-0902 now.
Having workable ideas and bankable products is one thing. But handling the legal aspects of starting your own small business may leave you second guessing your abilities and contemplating the success of your venture. With over 25 years of legal experience, our firm can help get you and your enterprise on the path to smooth and successful operations. We offer knowledgeable guidance and client-centered service, which means we are here to listen and help you make your dreams a reality.
We have assisted clients with small business ventures such as:
- Car Dealerships
- Retail Stores
- Healthcare Clinics
- Contracting Companies (i.e., tradesmen: plumbers, carpenters, electricians, etc.)
So, if you’re thinking of an entrepreneurial enterprise, give us a call. As a small business attorney in Houston, we help small business owners:
- Choose the type of entity they would like to create (i.e., a sole proprietorship, a partnership, an LLC, etc.)
- Achieve the formation of their business entities
- Execute their certificates of limited partnership
- Draft and execute their articles of limited partnership
- Draft and review buy sell-agreements
- Review rental and leasing contracts
- File their venture with the Secretary of State
Pursuing your dreams and creating your proprietorship, partnership or Limited Liability Company (LLC) takes a great deal of courage. Whether you are in sales, healthcare, the retail market or any other type of personal venture, we are here to help get you up and running.
Our firm can help you review your options for small business formation. For instance, a sole proprietorship is one of the simplest and most commons types of business organizations for entrepreneurs. The benefits of a sole proprietorship:
- They are simpler and more cost effective than other types of business formations
- Sole proprietors are entitled to make all management decisions, from ordering stock to hiring and firing employees
- Sole proprietors are entitled to all of the profits generated by their business
A sole proprietorship can be sold without any greater consideration being made than that of the sole proprietor (there are no partners with whom the sole proprietor must discuss the decision to sell the venture)
The disadvantages of a sole proprietorship:
- A sole proprietor’s access to capital is limited
- A sole proprietor is legally responsible for any of the debts, contracts and/or civil judgments that are brought against him/her in the course of doing business
The ease and cost effective approach may seem ideal for your new venture. But, we can make certain that you consider all alternatives – especially if the thought of risking your personal assets is unappealing in the case that anything should happen that might compromise the success of your enterprise.
Call our firm if you’re looking for legal guidance from a small business attorney in Houston, Katy, West Houston, Sugar Land, Stafford, Jersey Village, West University and Piney Point Village, Texas. The Law Office of Mark A. Sanders is a business and family law firm with offices in both Houston and Katy. We provide appointment flexibility and offer payment plans to clients who qualify.